Sunday, November 27, 2016

It's Thailand

Before I forget, the Address some of you have requested is..

1645/6 New Phetchburi Road, Makkasan, Ratchathewi Bangkok 10400 Thailand.


Life has been so good here in Thailand. Some moments have been extremely challenging, but other moments have made it so worth it. 

I have had a chance to socialize with the members a little more this week. They are so kind to me. They are my favorite! Inviting has probably been one of the most difficult and rewarding experiences I have had here in Bunnkhapphi(Will never know how to spell that in English). Most will ignore you politely, and others will shrug you off within moments. Some will listen, but not be interested. But there are a few where you can just see that they recognize something different in you. That there is something special about your message. I give many personal prayers throughout our inviting sessions. That I might meet someone that needs and would be willing to accept the message. That I might be comforted. 

It was interesting to see the change of my own heart. At first, it was a prayer of comfort to overcome my own pride. To help me understand that this work was greater than myself and that I was a mere instrument in the hands of the Lord. But soon my prayers changed to that of a desire to feel comforted in the sorrow I felt not for myself, but for those that rejected His message. I felt a sorrow I have regrettably too rarely experienced. A sorrow not for myself, but for others. I feel my heart beginning to turn outwards. ​

On a particular day where inviting was particularly hard, I wondered if this was how the Savior felt when His message was rejected by many. In this I felt closer to the Savior, as I experienced the tiniest fraction of what He experienced. Through this experience, I have become especially grateful for the members at church and for the faith they bring. It helps put things into perspective as it helps me see the goal I am progressing towards to. We have two Brothers with baptismal dates coming up really soon. I pray that they might make it into the waters of baptism. Though this path of the Savior is hard and difficult at times, I know that it is the only path which leads to true and lasting happiness.


Shout out to those I have not had the chance to email back..I love you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment