Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Week 8 (The Sun Will Rise Again)



6 days to Thailand.

Testimonies can be forgotten. Even the most devout members of the church can have a crippling moment in their lives where the love of God doesn't feel as tangible as it once was. Being told to have faith when it feels like nobody is listening to your prayers is hard. Perhaps even heartbreaking as you receive no answer after you pour out your whole soul to whom you have trusted most. But upon reflection within my own life, I have noticed that He has been there every step of the way. Seeing the miracles and tender mercies of the Lord in the present moment can be difficult. Especially when what is negative and bad seems to be overwhelming but I promise that He is there. Sometimes we just have to have faith that He is there, even when we don't feel His presence, as we have faith that the Sun is there, even when we don't feel its warmth or see its light. Even when you don't feel worthy of Him, even when you feel entirely and utterly alone, I promise and know with a surety that He is and will be with you, today, tomorrow, and forever. 

I have tried to write some other thoughts I had, but none of it seemed right at this present time. I feel that this message is adequate for what I wish to convey from the depths of my soul today. My simple testimony that we are never alone. That He knows the silent pleadings of our hearts. Should you feel tired, alone, or confused, I plead with you that you might hold on just a little longer. For He will not forsake you.

Elder Christian Seiya Miyagi
Thailand Bangkok Mission
1645/6 New Phetchburi Road,
Makkasan, Ratchathewi, Bangkok 10400 Thailand
Tel: (662) 652-7722, Fax: (662) 652-7722

No comments:

Post a Comment