Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Week 7 (Be Bold)



13 more days until Thailand ~ Happy Halloween! (One day late)

One thing that I have been feeling very strongly these last few days is the fear of my mission ending, and being separated by the closeness I feel with God. Though I know that I can continually improve even after my mission, I really do hope I can rid myself of some of the natural man within me.  The duty of enduring to the end is a personal commitment. I still have another 23 months to go, but I can't say I necessarily look forward to the end of my mission. I love what I'm doing, and I'm not even in Thailand yet. 

One thing I have learned through some leadership positions I have had the opportunity of taking part in is that, boldness requires humility. Furthermore, it is only with humility that we may speak with the power of God.  


I re-watched Elder Hollands talk in the MTC some years ago entitled Missions are Forever. It is absolutely amazing. The boldness of Elder Holland is a great example to me as he says, "do not miss any opportunity you have to be apostolic!" He refers to us as apostles. Yes Apostles, but with a lower case "a."  Which makes sense, as we missionaries are yoked together with the First Presidency and the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. It does make my responsibilities as a missionary feel more daunting. 

I feel that I have really become dedicated to reading from the Book of Mormon and recording my experiences in my journal daily. Wisdom forgotten is as valuable as the dust of the earth.  “Knowledge carefully recorded is knowledge available in a time of need,” said Elder Richard G. Scott of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles.

I don't have much time this week so I apologize for the short length of my weekly email. I hope all is well with you. 

Until next week, Elder Miyagi.

No comments:

Post a Comment