Sunday, February 19, 2017

I Found Him

I met a man with great faith this week. It was actually right about when we finished our inviting session at the Mall Bangkapi. His name was Brother X. We were meeting up with some other Elders for lunch and I felt that I might as well invite the man right next to me. It was the usual conversation. He gave me his number and I quite honestly didn't expect too much out of it. Thursday, I received a call saying that he can't come to the church on Friday as he had said he would earlier. I wasn't even discouraged. It was the same old with potential investigators dropping appointments. But then he asked if we could meet that day. That had never happened before. So we met.

A former monk, a Buddhist from birth, was completely lost and without direction at 32 years of age. He said he just wanted something to believe in. He soaked up every word that passed through our lips. We ended up meeting Friday as well. We committed him to be baptized on the 5th of March with a goal to stop smoking as well. He told us that he has always wanted to stop smoking but it was just hard without having any purpose in doing so. He really wants to be baptized. I really want to help this man. Never had I had an investigator that I myself physically invited. He feels like a great friend to me. Someone I was called to help from the beginning. He came to church as well. He loved it. He gets along with the members and said it feels like family. The joy that I felt is just indescribable. The mission has become extremely personal to me. These sacred 2 years I would not trade for anything.

I know that I was called to Thailand by our loving Heavenly Father. How easily I could have missed Brother X. I am so grateful that the Lord gave me courage to open my mouth and speak. I found him. At least one of the people I have been called to save. A great man, an investigator, a friend, and brother. I know that my paths have been directed. I know that the Lord has been preparing the people here in Thailand to receive this gospel! To soon have a temple! I pray that I will never voluntarily bind my tongue to the things that I know are true. That I might testify always in thought and deed of the living Christ. Of these things I know to be true, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Pictures are of me fishing for alligators and eating food.





No comments:

Post a Comment