Sunday, February 12, 2017

I Will Not Shrink

New Companion Same Area
Elder Wannasri! He is Thai! Therefore, most of our conversations are in Thai. He likes to joke around in English which is a lot of fun. Although I am technically the Junior Companion, I am the Senior of the area so planning and everything else in between hinges on me. However, it has been an exciting past few days. Honestly, he is one of the most humble people I have ever met. So lucky to be his companion.

The Work
Our investigator pool is rather shallow at the moment. Too many baptisms last transfer (Not complaining), and not enough inviting (Needs repenting). Therefore, we have to go through a sort of repentance process by finding investigators all over again. We have been doing a lot of that. Inviting. It is so funny to look back to my first time inviting here in Thailand. The fear that once was no longer is. I now have no reservations to talk of Jesus Christ. I don't even beat around the bush. They are either interested or they are not and it is their very salvation on the line. I have no right to hold the burden of fear. The root of it all is that I feel that I am just forgetting myself as I learn to more fully follow the Savior. I feel that I was often one of those people the Savior talked of pre-Thailand. "This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me." I simply didn't know. I couldn't know! Not with how I was and what I allowed to influence me. But it is only when we are on this higher plane, that we can see the great obstacles we have overcome. It is only then, that the Lord expects us to never retreat, and to keep pressing forward. To keep drawing closer and closer unto Him. I have come to the realization that the purpose of life is in learning to more fully accept the Savior into our everyday lives and by so doing returning to live with our Father in Heaven once more.

I Will Not Shrink

Elder Holland gave a humbling Easter address regarding the mortal ministry of Jesus Christ and his atonement. He talks of how his circle of supporters grows smaller and smaller until even his most trusted disciples reject him. I have so often criticized the actions of his apostles. How could they who have seen Him do such a thing! How could they ever reject the Christ! Too rarely do we think "Was it I?" When my actions stand contrary to his, I reject him. When I refuse to open my mouth and testify of him, I reject him. With what I have felt, I cannot reject Him. Should I not dare reject him, I must stand for him. Therefore, I will do these things. Lest I be convicted by my own conscience.

Ending On A Lighter Note
I really get into some of these emails. Anyways, the work is indeed progressing and it is just such a blessing to be a part of it here in Thailand. I'm going to China Town and some sort of puppet show so that should be exciting! And a Thai village of a sort. I believe. We tend to have pretty awesome tour guides taking us around (Members or our next door neighbors) so P-Days tend to be exciting.
English Class, Some Thai Wat?, and Favorite Place to Eat. (This is me not using Google Drive so everyone can see everything.) Sorry for the headache. I love you all very very much.




No comments:

Post a Comment