Sunday, January 22, 2017

Hello



​Ancient Ruins! This was a picture from last P-Day. We're taking it easy today.


Elder Libey and I love to eat here. The lady that cooks our food is super nice. Fire bender.


​This is the soy/street the church is on.


​The mess of market and apartments that constitute a large part of Bangkok.

Some pictures as I really don't send enough. Sadly we are still at our 2 down 7 to go, but we will have at least one baptism next week! I got to baptize the Sister's investigator yesterday though so that was a really neat experience. ​


*Weekly email: not revised as it should be. Expect poor grammar and spelling.

I got a musical playing device (Approved by the AP's) so I have downloaded some music from LDS.org. Nothing like working out to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir right? "The Spirit of God like a fire is burning..."I don't miss my old music as much as I thought I would. Away with all that is carnal!

For all friends and family sending me pictures, thank you so much for that. It is always a lot of fun seeing family and friends from home. If you haven't already, send me some pictures! 

We have three really solid investigators and I think that at least one of them will be ready for baptism next week. Really pushing for them to enter the waters of Baptism! I have seen how an investigator who gets baptized changes, becoming more committed to reading scriptures and attending church (As they ought to!). This gospel changes lives. Brother เก่ง who is one of our recent converts has started wearing a white shirt and tie to church. It makes me so happy to see him smile and laugh at church. This really is a gospel of happiness.

Admittedly, some days I feel like my Thai is awesome. Give me a few more hours and I am humbled down to the dust of the earth. I still have so much to learn, but I definitely feel that I have improved greatly. I sometimes have to go on switchoffs with a priestholder (non-official missionary who only speaks Thai) and it can get a little scary. Especially when it is a lesson I do not feel comfortable with. However, the Lord consecrates my performance. One of my favorite chapters to teach is in 1 Nephi Chapter 8. Those that tread the path of Christ will eventually and undoubtedly fall away unless they grab hold onto the iron rod and press forward. Press forward until you come out of the mist of darkness!

*One interesting experience I had this past week. I invited a guy from Zimbabwe who totally started going on a rant (in English).  He saying that the Bible was not real and on and on about chakras and the third eye and whatnot. What was rather interesting is that he professed not to believe in a religion but took principals from many religions. He contradicted his own belief. The cool part was that he could not confound my words. Quite frankly, he was highly intellectual as well so I couldn't confound him. As he was taking up a lot of my inviting time, I had to cut him off by saying something along the l ines of.."We can go on all day with our philosophies and theologies and we will get nowhere. You are a good person. It was nice to meet you." We shook hands, and I extended to him an invitation to pray to Heavenly Father (As he believed in God) and to ask whether my message were true in the name of Jesus Christ. In my two years, I assume nothing will come from it, but I hope I have planted a seed. I don't think I have ever spoken so boldly, and testified as such. Thinking back, this man was large in stature, but there was not an inkling of fear in my heart. I could not be confounded as I knew in whom I trust. I am still learning how to testify like Elder Holland. Maybe next time I'll singe his eyebrows a little. Elder Holland's words. Not mine.

Anyways, Always Testify.

Elder Miyagi.

*Don't forget to send me pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment